Oct 4, 2011

Countdown to 10/31 - Ghoul's Delight

Click for Treat

As much as I love Halloween Hootenanny, this is probably my favorite Halloween compilation album. Being a 2-CD set, you get more variety with 30 bands. The "bad" thing about this set is that the bands are from Detroit area locals. No, I don't have anything against Detroit. What I mean is that because these are mostly "local" bands, you can't find much else by them, but it looks like a lot of them do have a MySpace page.


There are a couple of bands I've heard of before like  The 3-D Invisibles, who do some great scifi/horror inspired tunes on their own albums. It's hard to pick favorites because each one is great in its own way and really carries the Halloween spirit but here are my best of the best:

This 2007 2-CD set is sold out on Amazon, but you may be able to order it directly from Belly Ache Candy Shoppe.

    If you're looking for more Tricks n Treats, be sure to visit the main list of bloggers over at Countdown to Halloween by clicking on the good doctor below.

    1 comment: