Oct 20, 2011

Countdown to 10/31 - Haunted Anniversary

As part of the celebration of the Haunted Mansion's 30th Anniversary, a cd was released in 1999. The first 999 pressings were done with a special green image of the 13 hour clock face found in the Mansion. They also included a bonus 13th track and were signed by Disney composer Buddy Baker and Disney lyricist "X" Atencio, both of whom are responsible for the attraction's "Grim Grinning Ghosts" theme song. These reportedly sold out within a couple hours. I, of course, was no where near the park when these went on sale but I did eventually pick up one of the non-limited, 12 track editions.

You can find detailed info about each track over at Doombuggies.com.



A little bonus for today: Haunted Mansion model kit ad from DC Comics Ghosts #24, 1974.

Click for larger version
 I like the "Zap/Action" motion features. If I could own one, it would probably be the organist. Nothing says spooky like a pipe organ with skulls on it.

If you're looking for more Tricks n Treats, be sure to visit the main list of bloggers over at Countdown to Halloween by clicking on the good doctor below.

2 comments:

  1. I got my Halloween Goodies - Thank You Very Much. I had already received the postcard and thought that was my prize. Boy was I surprised.

    Hope you have a GREAT HALLOWEEN...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish they still produced those model kits

    ReplyDelete