Apr 4, 2012

League Post - Play Ball!

This week, the League of Extraordinary Bloggers wants to take you out to the ballgame!
America’s past time has been prominently featured  in pop culture for over a century, so this week, we’re talking baseball in an open-ended way!
In my years in the corporate world, I've worked for a few different help desks. On occasion, someone will ask where I'm located and when I mention the Boston area the usual conversation goes like this:

"Oh, so you're a Red Sox fan, eh?"
"No."
"Patriots?"
"No, I don't follow sports."
"Wow you don't follow sports and you live near Boston?!"

That's right! I am one of the least sports-centric people you'll ever run into. Something my wife and I happily share. About the only sports I enjoy watching are volleyball and skateboarding. I never go out of my way to find them, these are the things I will not suffer through if they happen to be on.

Anyway, my extent of baseball experience as a kid was racked up on my Atari 2600, and not even the RealSports version...
Image from UGO
My other interaction, which believe it or not was more fun, was from the old timey arcade game.

I don't mean to brag (too much) but if you follow the above over to Flickr, then go to Actions, View All Sizes this image is great for your desktop!

Other Leaguers Who Don't Care If They Never Get Back
Flashlights Are Something To Eat reminisces with some songs and baseball card collection
Learn about Star League Baseball for the Atari 800XL computer at Lefty Limbo

No comments:

Post a Comment