Feb 20, 2014

Now Hear This - Calabrese

Calabrese, one of my absolute favorite bands, released a new video this week for the track "I Wanna Be a Vigilante" from their latest album Born With a Scorpion's Touch.


While it's not as crazy as some of their videos from the last album, I really dig it! It's directed by Brian Pulido (creator of Evil Ernie and Lady Death comics) and has a vibe that I can only describe as "classic Mtv." If you were around in Mtv's infancy, or are a music video historian, I think you'll see what I mean.

And the song! It's amazing. When I first listened to the album, it blew me away. I had a huge smile on my face while listening to it because the guys caught me by surprise with this one, especially with the vocals. The whole album is really good. It's like a concept album about some motorcycle ridin', leather jacket wearin' badasses on a grisly road trip. Someone needs to make the movie for this soundtrack!

Here are the other two videos from the new album

Born With a Scorpion's Touch


There's an Evil Inside


Sadly, I missed them on tour last year because I was at DisneyWorld. But I did manage to get a photo with Mickey while holding the CD for the guys. They're heading east in the spring but nothing announced in New England yet but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!



3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this band - will have to give them a listen this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've got plenty of videos on their official YouTube Channel. Check out the ones I mention here (http://aeiouwhy.blogspot.com/2013/05/carmageddon-calabrese-creatures-and.html) for some crazy stuff!

      Delete
  2. These guys are great! Really dig there music thanks to Dex. : )

    ReplyDelete