Sep 4, 2015

Marvel Legends - Captain Marvel

After months of hemming and hawing, I finally decided to pull the trigger and pick up the Captain Marvel Legends figure.


They did a good job capturing her in plastic. Her costume isn't too complex, so there's not a lot of detail to worry about. They did get the dots on her gloves and boots which is a nice touch. For whatever reason, she's a little back heavy and is troublesome to get to stand straight up without some readjusting.


She comes with two accessories: a "power punch" and a swapable "helmet head." When they first introduced this new costume for her, I was not a fan of the mohawk. I don't know why, I just felt it looked weird. I've warmed up to it a bit more but I still think it can't be the most comfortable thing in the world.


The eyes aren't quite centered so she always has a wistful look on her face. But they did get some eye shadow on her without screwing it up, so bonus points there! My only gripe with the figure is that both of her hands are fists. I suppose it's good for action poses but I think she always looks like she's ready to brawl.

Recently, Captain Marvel was running with the Guardians of the Galaxy so I thought it only appropriate to have a couple of guest stars for this photo shoot.

That Star-Lord is such a goof! He's holding his gun upside-down.



Overall, Captain Marvel is a pretty solid figure. If you're a fan of the character, she's absolutely worth picking up.

I can't wait to hear who they'll be casting to play her in the upcoming movie. Behind Doctor Strange, she's probably the next solo film I'm looking forward to most. I've always liked her character, even back in the Ms Marvel days. After taking the Captain mantle, she's done nothing but become more interesting, a strong(er) female character, and an inspring role model.

No comments:

Post a Comment