Oct 9, 2016

Disney's Star Wars R2-B00 Droid

If you've been following along, you know I recently went to DisneyWorld for a bit. I did a lot of merch browsing but not a lot of buying. It's not that I couldn't find anything I wanted to buy, oh no! I just have so much space that I could display it.

One of the really cool things I found was a total surprise as I had no idea it even existed before finding it in Once Upon a Toy in Disney Springs, formerly Downtown Disney. Now, I hit every store I saw in the parks that had any kind of Star Wars stuff to try and find something cool to bring home and this was the only place that I found this figure.

It's R2-B00!


Usually I'm a bit ho-hum when I see Star Wars mashed up with Halloween, sometimes I think it's okay, but this I absolutely fell in love with when I saw it! He may not be the most visually appealing droid in the galaxy but he does have the four main Halloween colors.


Being a park exclusive, they're $12 a pop so this as about as close of a look as you'll get because I didn't buy another one to open, although now that I'm thinking about it, I kinda wish I did so I could display him with other Halloween figures.


Here's the text on the card back:

All different types of Astromech droids populate the Star Wars galaxy.
Each droid is different and has their own unique personality and colors.
This devious Astromech is a space pirate that can often be found on the planet Takodana.
Join R2-B00 on his adventure throughout the galaxy.

For those not as into the lore, Takodana is where Maz Kanata has her cantina in The Force Awakens. It's interesting they don't say this droid belongs to a space pirate, but he IS a space pirate! Now I'm getting all sorts of weird, fun stories in my head. What would his crew be like? Are they all droids too?

As far as I'm able to tell, this is the only (first?) Star Wars Halloween figure they've done. I wouldn't be surprised to see a C-3P0 style droid go Halloween in the future.

While we're on the subject of Disney, Star Wars, and Halloween, I also found a few pins they had available. I think most, if not all, of these are rehashed art work from the Star Wars Halloween Play Pack coloring books I covered back in 2013.


Be sure to check out all the Countdown to Halloween bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment