Oct 6, 2016

Halloween Web - Felix Vasquez

Today we're chatting with the man behind Cinema Crazed, Felix Vasquez.


Welcome, pull up a slab and introduce yourself!

My name is Felix Vasquez, I grew up in the Bronx. I've been writing for almost twenty years and I've been a hardcore horror fanatic for twenty eight years. I was raised by a mom who loves horror and Halloween more than breathing, and I grew up the same way. I've written for various outlets including Film Threat, Crave online, Twitch Film, Cinemablend, and Strange Kids Club and I run my own website Cinema Crazed. I self-published a science fiction novel in 2015 named The Genesis Exiles, and I currently host a podcast named Geek Mutiny!

 What was Halloween like for you as a kid?

Generally Halloweens always varied in my childhood, my neighborhood in the Bronx hosts a yearly Halloween parade, but otherwise as a child I spent most of it trick or treating. These days I spend Halloween watching nothing but horror movies all day long. When I was a kid my family used to have parties every year, and some of the most entertaining times during the holiday was spent partying in costume.

Do you have any special Halloween memories?

One of the best Halloween memories I've ever had was sitting down to watch the Horror Hall of Fame with my parents. I also remember when my aunt's boyfriend once dressed up as Freddy Krueger and surprised all of the kids jumping out of a bathroom and scaring all of us to tears. It was a lot of fun.

What about favorite costumes?

My favorite Halloween costume was Jason Voorhees. I dressed up as him for three Halloweens. The last Halloween I dressed up, I took a toy snake and taped it on the inside peeking out of Jason's nose hole. People thought it was awesome.


What do you do to celebrate today?

I usually just go to the Halloween parade in my neighborhood, and peruse local department stores for Halloween merchandise. I also visit a lot of my favorite blogs and websites to get in the Halloween mood, and also throw my own Halloween movie celebration on my site that lasts all October.

Do you have any favorite things to start the season?

I watch "Trick r Treat," "Halloween," and "Halloweentown" every single year. I make it a point of watching those, with "Trick r Treat" being the very first horror movie I watch before I begin October. It's a wonderful starting point that kicks everything off. I also sacrifice an animal to Samhain every year, but then I don't think i was supposed to tell you that.

What makes Halloween special for you?

It's the inherent magic of the holiday. While Christmas is fun, Halloween is magical and the period where the supernatural and the reality come closest together, allowing for thirty one days where the world is a touch different. The weather is different, nature is different, and there's a surefire spark in the air that's tough to describe.

Inside the Spookster's Studio

The worst thing to get while trick or treating was pennies. Even in 1993, pennies were relatively useless.

My favorite thing to get was anything with chocolate, peanuts, or peanut butter. And it didn't hurt to get dollar bills, either.


Where can people find you on social media?

People can find me at twitter with the handle @FlixtheCatJr, or on my site @cinemacrazed. I'm also on Facebook, where you can join my website and follow the updates. You can also find me at Cinema Crazed, and you can find my book, The Genesis Exiles, on Amazon.

Thanks for joining in, hope it was fun for you.

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity!

And that wraps up another interview!
Be sure to check out all the Countdown to Halloween bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment